Drupal 8 is now end-of-life, with the last release (Drupal 8.9.20) published on November 17, 2021.
As of November 17, 2021, the Drupal core version 8 series has reached end-of-life. This means that all releases of Drupal 8 core (with 8.y.x version numbers) and Drupal contributed project releases that are compatible with only Drupal 8 will be marked unsupported as they no longer have security team support.
Drupal 8.0.0 was first released on November 9, 2015. The last version was released on November 17, 2021.
All Drupal 8 site owners must upgrade to Drupal 9 to receive security updates and bug fixes. The Drupal Association will also disable testing with unsupported versions of Drupal.
Security issues that only affect Drupal 8 (and not Drupal 9 or Drupal 7) will be made public and sites are at risk of having these issues exploited if they do not upgrade.
What about Drupal 7 and Drupal 9?
Contributed projects like themes and modules will still receive security advisories if they are compatible with either Drupal 7 or 9 and have opted in to security coverage.
Drupal 7's end-of-life is currently scheduled for November of 2022, and it will receive security updates until then. Drupal 9's end-of-life is scheduled for November of 2023. For more information on release schedules, see the core release cycle overview.
- Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 - How To Install On MacOS Monterey v12+ - 01/04/2022
- JetSki - The Broadkill River (Lewes to Milton) - 12/11/2021
- Drupal 8: End of Life - 12/03/2021
- Mustang Update - 11/06/2021
- New Release: Feel It - 11/05/2021
- How To Setup Docksal/Docker On A Remote Ubuntu Desktop - 11/01/2021
- SOLVED: Docker Desktop - Windows/Ubuntu App/WSL - "Page cannot be reached" - 10/29/2021
- Optimize Drupal for Local Development - 10/13/2021
- VS Code Virtualized In Browser On Remote Server - 10/13/2021
- Drupal 8: How To Setup Two-Factor Authentication - 09/03/2021
- Composer: How to require an alpha/beta - 08/25/2021
- 2017 Yamaha FX SVHO: Spark Plug Change - 06/15/2021
- Helpful Links - 06/09/2021
- WinSCP: How to change password after login - 06/08/2021
- Mustang Update: Ride Height Set - 06/03/2021
- Mustang Update: Rear Suspension Being Installed - 05/31/2021
- Mustang Update: All metal work is done - 03/01/2021
- GitLab: How to fork you own repository - 02/26/2021
- Mustang Update - 11/25/2020
- How to install MCRYPT on UBUNTU with PHP Version 7.3 - 10/01/2020
- Mustang Update: The 67 is at the performance shop - 09/16/2020
- NEW: Karma Flight Playlist Added! - 09/02/2020
- 2004 Crown Victoria: LED hyper-flash fixed with resistor install - 08/26/2020
- The Broadkill River - 08/17/2020
- The Lower Loop - 08/09/2020
- Went for a bike ride at lunch - 08/06/2020
- The Storm: Hurricane Isaias - 08/05/2020
- Dumb Dog - 08/05/2020
- The Upper Loop - 07/20/2020
- SOLVED: Composer Update/Install Not Working While Updating From Drupal 8.8.5 to 8.8.6 - 05/24/2020
- Domain Registrar Review - 04/16/2020
- Drupal 8 Config and Git - 02/21/2020
- SOLVED: Compass Install Issues – Ubuntu - 11/17/2019
- SOLVED: Lando and Composer Problem - 10/07/2019
- Thunder Over Dover - 09/19/2019
- Happy IT Professionals Day! - 09/17/2019
- Crossing the Delaware Bay on a WaveRunner/Jet Ski - 09/02/2019
- The Epoxy Stump Table - 07/01/2019
- Water Leak With Mini-Split - 03/08/2019
- Drupal 7 Base Environment on Docker Hub - 03/08/2019
- Try - 02/25/2019
- Migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 - 02/13/2019
- XPath Cheatsheet - 01/31/2019
- The blog is live! - 01/29/2019