After riding the trip to Cape May, I decided to film The Upper Loop with my GoPro to share. The Upper Loop of the area (coined by yours truly) goes from the Lewes Public Boat Ramp, down the ocean to the Indian River Inlet and back up the Lewes-Rehoboth Canal. The entire trip takes about 3 hours and that time is mostly the slow, no-wake canal.
See also: The Lower Loop
The Lewes Boat Ramp
Parking: Park at Lewes boat ramp. Parking lots designated for single vehicles – not boat trailer sites.
This boat launching area with a large parking area also has a fishing pier. View the Roosevelt Inlet and the mouth of the Broadkill River from the parking lot. Also see the wind turbine on the UD Lewes Campus grounds.
Best Time to Visit: Year-round
Best Known For: Great access to boating on the Lower Delaware Bay. Go see the Lewes lighthouses or ride on the ferry.
Special Instructions: Launching area can be very busy during peak fishing hours – usually April-October – with most traffic in early morning and mid afternoon.
The Indian River Inlet
Bounded on the east by the mighty Atlantic Ocean, and on the west by Rehoboth Bay and Indian River Bay, the 2825-acre park is a beach-goer’s delight. The Indian River Marina is also located here. Located right near the beach in Southern Delaware. Offering some of the greatest outdoor recreation as well as being close to the Tanger Outlets and tax free shopping.
The Lewes Boat Ramp and Indian River Inlet content source: https://www.visitdelaware.com/listings/lewes-canal/2409/
- Mustang Update: All metal work is done - 03/01/2021
- GitLab: How to fork you own repository - 02/26/2021
- Mustang Update - 11/25/2020
- How to install MCRYPT on UBUNTU with PHP Version 7.3 - 10/01/2020
- Mustang Update: The 67 is at the performance shop - 09/16/2020
- NEW: Karma Flight Playlist Added! - 09/02/2020
- 2004 Crown Victoria: LED hyper-flash fixed with resistor install - 08/26/2020
- The Broadkill River - 08/17/2020
- The Lower Loop - 08/09/2020
- Went for a bike ride at lunch - 08/06/2020
- The Storm: Hurricane Isaias - 08/05/2020
- Dumb Dog - 08/05/2020
- The Upper Loop - 07/20/2020
- SOLVED: Composer Update/Install Not Working While Updating From Drupal 8.8.5 to 8.8.6 - 05/24/2020
- Domain Registrar Review - 04/16/2020
- Drupal 8 Config and Git - 02/21/2020
- SOLVED: Compass Install Issues – Ubuntu - 11/17/2019
- SOLVED: Lando and Composer Problem - 10/07/2019
- Thunder Over Dover - 09/19/2019
- Happy IT Professionals Day! - 09/17/2019
- Crossing the Delaware Bay on a WaveRunner/Jet Ski - 09/02/2019
- The Epoxy Stump Table - 07/01/2019
- Water Leak With Mini-Split - 03/08/2019
- Drupal 7 Base Environment on Docker Hub - 03/08/2019
- Try - 02/25/2019
- Migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 - 02/13/2019
- XPath Cheatsheet - 01/31/2019
- The blog is live! - 01/29/2019