Ever try to export your Drupal configuration using Drush (i.e.
$: drush cex) and then try to push your code upstream but Git is telling you that your repository is up to date?
The ‘config’ directory by default in Drupal 8 is under the
/sites/< site dir >/files/ path. Unfortunately, the “files” directory is excluded from Git in your webroot’s “.gitignore” file – this includes your recursive directories (like the “config” directory).
Simply place the “config” directory in your “/sites/
Once the above steps are complete, run Drush Config Export (
$: drush cex) again and then check your Git status (i.e.
$: git status). You will notice that Git is now tracking your config changes in your repository.
Have a better method than this? Please let me know in the comments below. Thanks!!
- How to install MCRYPT on UBUNTU with PHP Version 7.3 - 10/01/2020
- Mustang Update: The 67 is at the performance shop - 09/16/2020
- NEW: Karma Flight Playlist Added! - 09/02/2020
- 2004 Crown Victoria: LED hyper-flash fixed with resistor install - 08/26/2020
- The Broadkill River - 08/17/2020
- The Lower Loop - 08/09/2020
- Went for a bike ride at lunch - 08/06/2020
- The Storm: Hurricane Isaias - 08/05/2020
- Dumb Dog - 08/05/2020
- The Upper Loop - 07/20/2020
- SOLVED: Composer Update/Install Not Working While Updating From Drupal 8.8.5 to 8.8.6 - 05/24/2020
- Domain Registrar Review - 04/16/2020
- Drupal 8 Config and Git - 02/21/2020
- SOLVED: Compass Install Issues – Ubuntu - 11/17/2019
- SOLVED: Lando and Composer Problem - 10/07/2019
- Thunder Over Dover - 09/19/2019
- Happy IT Professionals Day! - 09/17/2019
- Crossing the Delaware Bay on a WaveRunner/Jet Ski - 09/02/2019
- The Epoxy Stump Table - 07/01/2019
- Water Leak With Mini-Split - 03/08/2019
- Drupal 7 Base Environment on Docker Hub - 03/08/2019
- Try - 02/25/2019
- Migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 - 02/13/2019
- XPath Cheatsheet - 01/31/2019
- The blog is live! - 01/29/2019