I bought this mini split air conditioning system for my garage last fall. it was easy enough to install and everything was working fine. I noticed an issue when I started using the air conditioner when I started to get a little warmer this spring.
Seeing as how I have not used the air conditioner, I was curious to see that everything was going to be okay. The temperature was around 80° so I thought I’d be a perfect opportunity to turn on the air. I set the air conditioning to 72° and went out in the yard to do some work.
I came back about an hour later to check on the air conditioner to see how he was doing. I noticed that the garage was slightly cooler and it was doing its job. However, when I look closer I noticed there was some condensation. I am aware that when mini splits have a clogged waterport, they have a knack for leaking.
So I quickly turned off the unit and open the lower compartment where a bunch of water poured out.
What didn’t make sense is that it is a fairly new unit and the drain hose hasn’t had enough time to collect debris. when I looked closer at the drain hose, I noticed it was pinched from installation.
I pulled the unit from the wall and rearrange the drain hose as well as did a better job taking the collection. Once the drain hose was resettled in re-taped, I put everything back together. I ran the unit a bit more and the leak had gone away.
Time for Coors Light!
- Mustang Update: All metal work is done - 03/01/2021
- GitLab: How to fork you own repository - 02/26/2021
- Mustang Update - 11/25/2020
- How to install MCRYPT on UBUNTU with PHP Version 7.3 - 10/01/2020
- Mustang Update: The 67 is at the performance shop - 09/16/2020
- NEW: Karma Flight Playlist Added! - 09/02/2020
- 2004 Crown Victoria: LED hyper-flash fixed with resistor install - 08/26/2020
- The Broadkill River - 08/17/2020
- The Lower Loop - 08/09/2020
- Went for a bike ride at lunch - 08/06/2020
- The Storm: Hurricane Isaias - 08/05/2020
- Dumb Dog - 08/05/2020
- The Upper Loop - 07/20/2020
- SOLVED: Composer Update/Install Not Working While Updating From Drupal 8.8.5 to 8.8.6 - 05/24/2020
- Domain Registrar Review - 04/16/2020
- Drupal 8 Config and Git - 02/21/2020
- SOLVED: Compass Install Issues – Ubuntu - 11/17/2019
- SOLVED: Lando and Composer Problem - 10/07/2019
- Thunder Over Dover - 09/19/2019
- Happy IT Professionals Day! - 09/17/2019
- Crossing the Delaware Bay on a WaveRunner/Jet Ski - 09/02/2019
- The Epoxy Stump Table - 07/01/2019
- Water Leak With Mini-Split - 03/08/2019
- Drupal 7 Base Environment on Docker Hub - 03/08/2019
- Try - 02/25/2019
- Migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 - 02/13/2019
- XPath Cheatsheet - 01/31/2019
- The blog is live! - 01/29/2019